It's BIGGER... It's BETTER...IT'S TOO MUCH FOR JUST ONE DAY!
Thatchfest Chapter 2 is here!
AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND
Tickets on sale now!
After the huge success of last years day festival we've decided to go at it again! What was our theme for this year when planning? It's MORE! More acts, more activities & most importantly more STOMPIN'!
Get ready for the biggest knees up of the Summer right on your doorstep! With over 20 performers and activities over 2 whole days, the Bear Island Woodland will be brimming with excitement! Bring your family, bring the kids but most importantly bring your stomping' boots!
Returning favourites mixed in with some new, Thatchfest Chapter 2 is ready to tell a new story with you!
Tickets available at our shop!
INFO & FAQ's
How do I get my ticket?
- Tickets can be purchased online and your email confirmation will act as your ticket. show this at the ticket tent at the entrance to Thatchfest and we will give you a wristband depending on your ticket type. please bring your ID along for verification!
- Security will be posted on entrances checking wristbands.
Only buy tickets from our website! be aware of bots and scammers trying to sell tickets on social media
Can I buy a ticket on the door?
- There will be tickets available on the door, however we cannot say for sure how many, your best bet is buy in advance!
I have a booking in the pub, can i attend thatchfest?
- Yes! after your booking are welcome to join the fun in bear island, however you will need to purchase a ticket still.
Whilst advance weather reports are signalling a sunny weekend we will be watching this carefully over the next two weeks. whilst we won’t cancel for a bit of rain, adverse weathers ie high winds over 50mph or continuous torrential rain may mean cancellation of the event. please note a full refund will be offered for any tickets in the event of this.
Please refrain from driving to Thatchfest!
The main car park will only be accessible for customers dining in the pub, staff, bands & suppliers. we cannot stress this enough!
So how do i get there?
- Taxis or buses are your best bet. with the Uddens cross stop right on our doorstep, it’s the most convenient way to get here. of course if you are local you can always walk too or take advantage of our beryl bike drop off point!
The overflow car park will remain open but it will be first come first serve, so please think of alternative transport to avoid disappointment!
Food & Drink
What food & drink is available?
- The wimborne pizza co will be operating from the hatch at the thatch all day!
- The bbq at the thatchery will be fired up also for some perfectly grilled burgers & hotdogs
- The hog roast all day, Purbeck ice cream as well as sweets & crisps can also be purchased from the tuck shop.
- Beers, ciders, wines & softs will be available from numerous bars around the site, including the return of the Bear Island Jeep!
please do not order from the bar inside!
Can I order from the main menu inside the pub?
- No, food from inside the pub cannot be ordered to the woodland area. if you wish to dine with us you will need to book a table.
Can I bring my own food or drink to thatchfest?
- Unfortunately no, food & drink is kinda what we do... please do not bring your own to the event. baby food & drink will be allowed.
Do's & Dont's
- Have fun!
- Put on your picture faces! there will be a photographer / videographer on site.
- Plan your trip ahead of time.
- Clear up after yourself.
- Bring cash if you can! whilst we will be taking card payments, cash will help with the speed of service, a win-win for us all!
Thatchfest is a boutique mini family festival with kids & families enjoying the festival alongside other festival goers. please respect each other and be aware of your surroundings.
Music and Thatchfest will close sharp at 11pm we respectfully ask that you leave the site as quietly as possible and think in advance about your onwards travel.
- Bring any glass into the woodland area!
- Litter, or throw rubbish over the fenced areas
- Abuse verbally or physically fellow Thatchfest goers, the staff, performers & hosts of events.
- Bring any illegal substances or sharp objects to the venue. anyone deemed to be under the influence of any illegal substances will be asked to leave the premises.
We reserve the right to refuse entry and conduct bag searches.